Monday, May 25, 2009

The Holy Arches

No, I am not talking about McDonald's, sorry. What I am talking about is a holy ground for Hawaiians that I was told has a great swimming area. I tried getting to it earlier in my stay with Lara but we had poor directions. When I went with my parents the other day it sure was beautiful (video below).

I have been able to do several rides in Hawaii and have not been able to put up all of them on my blog. soon they will be up.

May 30th is coming up soon, which is my first century ride. For those of you who don't know I am doing a fundraiser for the Best Buddies foundation. This 100 mile ride is to raise money for a great organization that supports accomplishments and independent abilities of intellectually challenged kids and adults. I have raised $850 as of May 24th with your help and have $600 more to raise before June 5th. All that I need from you is to click on the link below and read about Best Buddies International and then click DONATE. This is a charitable donation that you can use on your tax return and every dollar you send gets me closer to my goal.

TO DONATE FOR THE BEST BUDDIES 100 MILE RIDE:
http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=277768&u=277768-249715971&e=2328462426



AUDI BEST BUDDIES CHALLENGE
$850 of $1450
TO DONATE CLICK HERE

TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 10.5 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : 47 min

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 68 hrs 04 min
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 520.34Miles


2 comments:

  1. I like how you go from "amazing view" to imagining a horrible death by being ripped apart from the rocks and tide.

    Camera looks good by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so that's what we were trying to find? it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete