Monday, May 17, 2010

Traveling to the Unknown

Florida

My imagination runs wild while I am traveling. Ranging from different ideas on how to promote the documentary, to what the dogs are thinking when they realize that they are chasing a human on a big bike instead of the largest chew toy they have ever seen. I like the fact that I am able to explore all the crazy ideas and occasionally I write them down. I keep a hand written journal along with the twitter and facebook updates and this blog. I had some trouble starting it, so what I did was let my story telling skills take the reigns and I created a alter ego that is a captain of a adventuring sea ship. My first entry was within the first couple of weeks while being on the road. At that time I was haveing some motivation problems on doing the documentary and learning how to stay alive while touring. This is how it read:

"Day 11, 4-15-10
Today I start my personal journal. My first mate found me crying over the maps in my captains quarters and it shook him to the point of inspiration. He told me that he cannot follow the command of a meek and sad individual, so if I were to lead this crew into the unknown seascape than I needed to make decisions for my self and follow them full heartedly. No more must I think about how my choices affect others, no longer must I worry about my reputation. If I am to lead this ship to victory through this treacherous voyage than I must take a stand.
After looking my first mate in the eyes I took a deep breath then stood and said, "Tell the crew to hold on to their hats, buckle down and get ready to go on the greatest adventure of their lives, because I am here and I am ready to make the choices that will lead us through the storm and into the great unknown""

I recently reread this entry and I wanted to share it with all of you because I have met some amazing people that everyday make decisions that lead them through their adventure. From Dave who is trying to see his children, but does not have the funds, Nate who was recently laid off from an oil rig and now is trying to be an inventor, Connie who works everyday getting her kids to all of their activities along with maintaining an active role in the education system, Granny who is the grandmother to anybody that needs one, to Rodz who has opened his own seafood store and is now struggling to keep it open because of peoples fear of oil contamination. Each of these peoples stories continue to inspire me to ride on, to take the lead of my ship and make the destinations that need to be made.

Now halfway through my travels I am excited to see who else I meet and what stories they have. I want so badly for all of you to meet the people that I have met and learn from them the same way that I have. I plan on keeping my imagination wild and seeing what comes up. So man the sails and hold strong, cause we are still on the adventure into the unknown.

BIKE TRACKS: Givers "up, up, up"

TOTAL TRIP MILES: 2355.2 miles
TOTAL TRIP: 45 of 90 Days



Help Mark Get Across the Country




No comments:

Post a Comment