Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gardening



mom, dad and me

Dad in Austin

I spent my last night in New Orleans planting vegetable seeds. I felt as though I have truly been"sown" into the fabric of New Orleans. I would have to say that I would not have changed that experience for any amount of Mardi Gras beads.

The second half of my journey has begun. Four more state to travel through. After a week of rest in New Orleans (a second home to me now) I have had to readjust myself to the traveling lifestyle again. Get used to my bike, getting back into the regiment of being constantly alert. I have met up with my parents whom have been living the vagabond lifestyle for the last five years. They are following me in their small RV van from Texas to San Diego. I am prepaired for this portion of the trip to be more focused on self discovery and development of my relationship to my family, of which I am very excited for.

After two and a half months of travel, I have definitely learned and experienced allot and am everyday becoming more and more excited to share my travels with all of you. As one of the people I have met said "the two things that people should do, read and travel!" I hope that in some way the seed of adventure has been growing in each of you. And once again there is certainly More to Come...

BIKE TRACKS: Brian Regan Comedy

TOTAL TRIP MILES: 3200 miles (my odometer is broken so this is an estimate)
TOTAL TRIP: 75 of 104 Days



Help Mark Get Across the Country


No comments:

Post a Comment