Monday, February 2, 2009

DIRTY

Day 7 – 02/02/09
It was dreary today…I had to push myself out the door to get on my bike and just ride. I had no destination in mind I just knew that I had an hour. I headed towards Allston today…No real reason, I guess I was hoping that there might be some side streets that I could take and just get a ride in my pocket. I fought for my place on the road. I would get in to the left turn lane and stay there because that is the turn I am going to take (not being pushed to the side by a car). I was trying to figure out what stories I would find on this trip and I looked around and found that the city was DIRTY…I knew that the city wasn’t the cleanest thing in the world but with the melting snow and the sand that had been laid down for traction, all of this had mixed together to create a huge puddle of mud that engulfed an entire city. Which now is on my bike and my face and pants. I do have to say that biking through the puddles was fun and it made me think about the messes that I will get into on my trip across the country. What types of puddles will I ride through? what type of bugs will I be scraping off my bike helmet? How deep of water will I have to drag my bike through? This, in a strange way brightened my day (that rhymed). Among the brown gunk that was on the road, I had some how found a playground in which I will play in and will look for in the future. This will be the type of things that I will look forward to. I hope that I get really muddy on my trip so I can document the hilarious imagery that would come from that. I am glad I was able to get my butt out the door and on the bike because I feel a new surge of excitement to plan my trip and build anticipation for what adventures are to come.

TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 5.71 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : 40 min

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 4 hrs 55 min
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 37.68 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment