Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Relationships and Cross Country Adventures...Do they Mix?

Valentines day is loved by many and loathed by everybody else. I tend to enjoy it just because it is a day that I know I have scheduled to spend with the person that I love. It is extremely nice to simply spend a whole day without worrying about things that I have to do or being anywhere else. This alone time with Lara is becoming more and more important to me as I get closer to my tour, March 20th. And the effect that the tour will have on the relationship is also becoming a more and more important subject that Lara and I talk about.


The three months apart is something that is a topic that is brought up in jest and in all seriousness. Instead of just dealing with this worry when it comes Lara and myself have talked about it several times, which has strengthened not only our relationship but also has my desire and excitement for the trip.

The conversations ranged from missing each other to WHY THE HELL AM I DOING THIS! both of which have validity. By talking about these things it always brings up emotions, but to deal with the emotions while we are together and able to look at each other in the eye and feel each others energy I think is much better than when I am in the middle of Texas all by my self. Lara still says that she is going to miss me and instead of that being something that I would take as her not wanting me to go, we have communicated enough to know that she will miss me AND she is excited for me to go on my great adventure.

So standing overlooking North Adams, MA Lara and I take a photo that is now a yearly tradition of ours. And I think about how nice it is to have a full day in which I can spend uninterrupted time with someone that supports me in my bike touring and that I love.

NEW EQUIPMENT:
-Lone peak front handle bar bag
-bike trainer (Bell Motivator Mag Indoor Bicycle Trainer)

THINGS FOR YOU:
Is there ever a time when you should not communicate about something with your partner?

BIKE TRACKS: Beirut

TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 45 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : ~ hr

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 1 yr 4 wks
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 2148.84 + Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment