Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Windy Rhode



Today I went down to Providence Rhode Island. Not completely by bike but also definitely not sans bike. I took the commuter rail then rhode around. I was going to a meeting with The 989 Project. Which is a film production company run by Anthony Ambrosino and Nicholas Delmenico. I had worked with these guys in the past on a feature film and they were going to give me some advice for BIKE AGAINST THE WIND.

This was the first time that I had truly spent any time in Rhode Island and I have to say that despite the major head winds that almost blew me over it was a nice place to ride around. The buildings and landscape was pleasant and plentiful, and there were many historic landmarks to learn about. The rhodes were marked well for bikers as far as there were bike trail signs but man the rhodes were full of potholes and debris. I was up on my peddles for most of my ride.

After a great meeting with "the 989 project" of which consisted of great creative and logistic suggestions, I headed back into Providence and had a couple hours to just be a tourist. So I biked up and down the river walk and then headed for this historic hill which was a clime but the view was a great pay off (check photo # 2). Providence was definitely a place I would like to come back to and ride some more at, I almost considered altering my route to swing through it but I think it will be one of those day trips that i will take in the future, NEXT time thought no commuter rail for me.

BTW Anthony I took your advice on "All the Way" and was not disappointed.

BIKE TRACKS: Kate Nash

TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 32 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : ~ hr

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 1 yr 4 wks
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 2180.84 + Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment