Friday, April 24, 2009

18 Miles per Hour Average

Day 42 – 4/19/09

18 MILES PER HOUR was my average speed for my ride today. I found a very cool new website called Bikley.com where your community of bikers posts routes that they have ridden and have rated. I decided to follow one of the routes that took me down Boylston st. and up into the hills. It was nice because it tested my climbing strength and my driving ability. I would zoom down narrow roads going at 30 miles an hour (I don’t have a speedometer yet) and feeling fine. It was exciting and there were no cars on my side of the road so I was able to ride on the smooth parts of the road. I felt very connected to the road, like I was still driving my Subaru RS (man I miss that car...if only it was electric). I am hoping I can maintain this incline of average speed because that would be grizzate for my trip. (Don’t look now but I have almost hit 500 miles of training.)

BIKE TRACK: Blink-182 (Enema of the State)

BEST BUDDIES CHALLENGE:
$410.00 or $2750.00
DONATE HERE

TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 9.2 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : 35 min

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 67 hrs 5 min
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 499.34Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment