Sunday, April 12, 2009

I am the Product

Day 37 – 4/8/09
Today I got on my bike and rode out to Cambridge. This is always an interesting ride because, there are so many cars to deal with that part of the fun is trying to find different routes so you won't be on main roads. I went across the BU Bridge and followed that to Central Square where I met my friend Melissa at her work (RE/MAX). She introduced me to her boss Paul. Talking to Paul was great because it was all about marketing and business proposals, of which he knew lots about because he was the owner of the place).He asked me why I wasn’t doing this trip for a cause other than my doc (good question). It made me really have to think about it. For some reason I just feel as though it would take away from my personal experience. But is that selfish? I’m still trying to figure it out. Paul helped me think of myself as a product that I am trying to sell (a useful, smart, caring, human product). And at the same time I need to keep the human relation in my sales pitch because not having that would destroy my whole mission, right!? After chatting I got back on my bike and rode out to Porter Square and went to Sugar and Spice,(1933 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140) which has great yellow curry tofu.

On a different note (because a couple of people have been asking), I am going to start incorporating music that I am currently listening to just to give you some insight into my music life . I am looking for recommendations on music also. So here is the first “bike track”:

BIKE TRACK: Little Feat
(recommended by a gentleman who came into EUREKA)

TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 10.4 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : 1 hr

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 56 hrs 10 min
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 407.21 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment