Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't be Afraid to Wander




Day 40 – 4/14/09

Although I do like ot have a destination in mind when I am riding I am not opposed to wandering because not all who wander are lost. Today’s ride changed so much from what I was originally planning. I set out to go to the coast in Quincy (south of Boston) and found myself in a secluded beach in Dorchester. Now all of you who know the Boston area know that Dorchester has a reputation as being the dumps. However, I have to say even though the buildings were not taken care of and the streets were littered with trash, I have never felt as much cultural energy in any other town that I have ridden through in the last 4 months. I met people from all different backgrounds. The town of West Roxbury and Dorchester were all-abuzz with kids running around, cars rushing by, and people talking to one another. People would shout out to me while I was riding up a hill encouraging me to go faster and harder. It put a smile on my face; it made me feel like I was being noticed. I was a part of those towns because I was there at that moment, and not just a passerby. If I did not wander from my travels I would not have been able to experience what I did. So be open to experiencing new things and don’t be afraid to wonder a bit, because you will be able to experience things you never have before

BIKE TRACK : Greenday (Best Of)

NEW EQUIPMENT:
Bike Pants – From City Sports
Bike Gloves – From City Sports
Bike Pump – From City Sports

BEST BUDDIES CHALLENGE:
$410.00 or $2750.00
DONATE HERE


TOTAL DISTANCE FOR DAY (TDD) : 18.26 miles
TOTAL TIME FOR THE DAY (TTD) : 3 hr

TOTAL TIME TRAINING: 65 hrs 40 min
TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED: 482.57Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment