Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Summit of Brookline and Beyond


Day 33 – 3/29/09

Thinking about my trip across country does sometimes take me away from the exploration of what is around me locally. Today I biked the steepest hill in Brookline. The road is Summit st. and there is a reason why it is called summit. I have attempted to run up the road before with no luck. It is too long and also to steep for normal people to run it. I was biking around in circles through the back roads of Brookline when I took a right onto summit. Looking straight up I switched into my lower gears. I was going to concur this hill. I kept pedaling and several minutes, and about a gallon of sweat later I was on the top of the hill looking on to the City of Boston from a view that I never had seen before. What a sight. I took pictures but it was to dark so nothing came out. I was just impressed that I have lived around the corner from this location for 2 years and never did I look upon Boston like this. It was as if all the stars fell out of the sky and laid out like a giant quilt in front of me. I hope that people go out and find the unique places that are in their backyards.

We are off to a good start on fundraising for the Best Buddies 100 mile Ride. We are up to $170. I really appreciate everybody’s help. We have a ways to go to get to $2750. If everybody could email the below letter to at least 5 people then I think that we could make that goal and get me on my bike to Cape Cod. You can donate over the Internet. Every bit is appreciated.
------
On May 30, 2009, I, Mark Vashro, will ride my bike 100 miles in the Audi Best Buddies Hyannis Port Challenge in support of the 250 million people living with intellectual disabilities.

And here is why I need your help! In order to ride, I need to reach my fundraising goal of $2,750. Any amount you can give will ensure Best Buddies continues to provide critical services and job integration for people with intellectual disabilities. And, your donation is tax deductible!

I choose to ride for Best Buddies because 100% of the funds I raise will go directly to their programs. Which means any contribution you give for my challenge directly affects the lives of those living with intellectual disabilities. Best Buddies is a non-profit organization founded by Anthony Kennedy Shriver in 1989, dedicated to helping people with intellectual disabilities form friendships and find jobs in their community. The Audi Best Buddies Challenge events are a strong symbol of the lasting friendships and open community that Best Buddies fosters throughout their programs.

Here is how you can donate: You can donate easily and securely by clicking on my personal fundraising webpage link located below. Here you can read more about the Audi Best Buddies Challenge, see my fundraising goals, and read why it is more important than ever to support Best Buddies Programs.

I am so excited to participate in this ride! With each day, I train harder and longer. With each dollar you donate, you bring me one more mile closer to my goal. Thank you in advance for your generous support!

This is also one step closer to my Cross Country Bike trip and Documentary. If you are interested in supporting me in that also please visit (Bike Against the Wind) and/or (www.markvashro.com) thank you for all your time.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Best Buddies International

******************************************************************************
Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=277768&u=277768-249715971
******************************************************************************

Mark Vashro

No comments:

Post a Comment